In order to attract more clients, it’s essential that you understand how to rank higher in Google search results. Businesses have come to rely heavily on search engines like Google to find local businesses and solve their problems, so you need to have a strong presence in the search results if you want to bring in more clients and generate more revenue. These seven tips will help you establish your digital presence and let the search engines know that you can be trusted with their traffic!
- Understand What Google Wants
SEO is all about creating the best possible user experience. The search engine aims to provide users with relevant and timely results for their queries. In order to achieve this, it utilizes a range of tools like PageRank, which ranks pages based on the number and quality of links pointing at them from other sites. The higher your page rank, the more likely it will appear at the top of the SERP.
1) Research what keywords are frequently used when searching for your business type or service.
2) Create a content plan that includes different types of content, such as blog posts, infographics, videos, etc.
3) Make sure your website has meta tags, including title tags, descriptions, and headings.
4) Use social media to expand awareness about your company by following influencers and sharing interesting news in your industry.
- Do Your Keyword Research
It’s important to conduct keyword research. This will help you know what keywords people use when searching for your type of business, which will help you rank higher on Google.
1. Create a spreadsheet and list all phrases and words related to your business and what comes up when you search for them online. For example, if your business is about photography: lifestyle photography, family photographer, or wedding photographs. Keep track of the number of results that come up for each word or phrase to determine which are popular searches vs. ones with less activity. If you find any low-volume terms, include those, too, because they may have the potential to grow into more popular searches over time.
2. Check Your Competitors’ Keywords: Reviewing your competitors’ most commonly searched terms should give you some insight into what keywords might be good to use. Plenty of tools available online (free), such as SEMrush and SpyFu, can give this information instantly at a click of a button.
- Optimize Your Site for Rankings
1) Use keywords and phrases people are searching for
2) Keep your site updated with fresh content that is relevant to your industry
3) Include a blog on your site
4) Optimize your website’s URL by including keywords in the name of the page you’re linking to
5) Submit articles and links on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
6) Create an XML sitemap and submit it to Google Webmaster Tools
7) Investigate which search engine optimization techniques work best for your site
- Promote Your Site
If you’re running a business that relies on the internet, it’s important to have a strong SEO strategy. Websites that rank higher in search results get more traffic and are able to convert more visitors into customers.
1) Develop targeted content and keyword research
2) Optimize your site’s meta title, description, and keywords
3) Update your website often with fresh content
4) Use social media to create a buzz about your business
5) Create backlinks from other websites or blogs that link back to yours
6) Include relevant hashtags in posts on social media sites like Facebook or Instagram
7) Submit articles to online publications
- Create Link-Worthy Content
1. Write blog posts with descriptive and relevant titles and include keywords. The more relevant your blog post is to your niche, the higher you rank on search engines like Google. For example, if you’re a lifestyle photographer, make sure that the title of your blog post contains words like family, adventure, or boyfriend. The keyword lifestyle photography should also be within the title of your blog post.
2. Link out to other blogs and websites that are relevant and helpful on topics related to yours. This not only gives readers links they might not have found without your help, but it also helps you build your credibility by showing off links from credible sources who have agreed with what you are saying in your content.
- Guest Post on Other Sites
1. Know your competition – if you’re a lifestyle photographer, know who the other photographers rank high on Google and what keywords they’re targeting. Try adding them as people you’re following on Twitter or as connections on LinkedIn to see what content they share, how often they post updates, etc.
2. Focus on quality content – produce high-quality images and posts that will be valuable not just today but also months and years from now. 3. Use relevant keywords – make sure the words you use are related to your target audience (i.e., lifestyle photography)
- Monitor Your Progress
– Go through your site and make sure you are writing unique content. Not only will it rank higher, but it will also be more useful to your customers.
– Have a blog on your website that has fresh and relevant content. – Research keywords that are related to your business, like lifestyle photography. Include these keywords on your site whenever possible, but do not overuse them, or they will end up hurting you rather than helping you.
– Be sure to optimize your images with captions, alt text, and keyword tags so the search engine can easily identify what they are about and how they might relate to the searcher’s intent.