While there are dozens of ways to optimize your social media photography business for search, it can be difficult to decide which ones are the most important. In order to maximize your marketing efforts on social media, it’s important to focus on the 7 strategies that will have the biggest impact. Implement these tactics into your strategy, and you’ll be well on your way to ranking higher in search results!
Use Relevant Keywords
1) Make sure your business name and URL are in the photo. A good way is by adding a watermark or including it in the caption.
2) Whenever you can, use your keywords in captions. This will help people find you when they search for those words on Google or other search engines.
3) Share new photos as often as possible; keep them from sitting around too long before posting them!
4) Include hashtags relevant to your niche (e.g., #photography).
5) Like and comment on others’ posts in your niche.
6) Write captions that include links to your website, or social media account so people can follow you more easily.
Optimize Your Images
1. Share your images on more than one social media platform.
2. Edit your images with professional-grade photo editing software before you upload them, if possible. Consider using an app like Snapseed or Pixlr on your phone when you’re on the go or have access to only a camera without any photo editing capabilities.
3. Give your images descriptive captions, tags, and titles that are appropriate for the image’s content and include keywords relevant to your business’s industry (e.g., social media photography).
– Utilize hashtags on your photographs. Hashtags are used by social media users and can be used as keywords when searching for content. The more specific the hashtags, the better your chance of being found by a new audience.
– Ensure that all of your posts include a hashtag. This will increase your chances of being seen on Instagram or other social media platforms where hashtags are often used to categorize posts.
– Choose one or two specific hashtags that relate to your business and use them consistently.
– Use relevant hashtags with popular audiences who may not know about your business yet!
Increase Your Engagement
Increasing engagement is one of the best ways to optimize your social-media-based photography business. You can do this in several ways, such as:
1) Post high-quality photos that will draw people into your content.
2) Adding captions with links back to your website.
3) Post photos on Facebook and Instagram at optimal times (the more popular the app, the more likely you’ll get the most visibility).
4) Giving people a reason to follow you by giving them something worth following, like exclusivity or bonus content.
5) Promoting your content by advertising on Facebook, Twitter, and other sites where they’re active.
Create shareable content
1. Update your profile photo with a link to your website or blog. A profile photo is the first thing people will see when viewing your social media page, so be sure to include a link so people can learn more about you and your services.
2. Hashtags allow you to reach out and connect with a wider audience by grouping related content together on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
3. Use links in captions or posts as often as possible–but be sure not to overdo it!
Take Advantage of User-Generated Content
1. Choose a theme and tag every post with it.
2. Use Google’s Keyword Planner to find relevant keywords and add them as tags or in the description of your posts.
3. Add hashtags related to your niche, but ensure they are not overused or irrelevant. You want people interested in your content but not necessarily looking for those specific keywords to still see your posts on social media.
4. Create a Facebook page and include a link to your website. Include an about section with information about you and an easy-to-read contact form that appears prominently on the page so people can get in touch easily if they want to work with you or hire you for photography services.
Analyze and Adjust Your Approach
-Invest in a business website with a domain name and built-in blogging software.
-Build your social media following on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Upload photos of your work regularly.
-Use hashtags related to your line of work on all platforms. It is important to include tags like #weddingphotography or #familyphotography so that people who search those terms will find you. Use broad tags as well, like #photographer or #photooftheday, so that people searching those broader topics can also find you.
-Include links to your website in the descriptions of all photos uploaded on platforms like Instagram and Facebook so that viewers can find out more about what you do immediately.